Thursday, August 16, 2012

Introduction and Thursday Training

Guess I need to find a place to keep a training journal/log. Keep my thoughts and my training info all in one place. The blog name comes from a description of me by a good friend. We talking about something and his comment was "You're like a Powerlifting Bushido." It was a great complement since the mixture of philosophy, warrior's ethos and lifting heavy things are very dear to me.

Honestly this blog will help me keep track of things and let me know what's working and what's not.

I haven't really been "myself" for quite a while now. I lost focus on my training and on my goals. I let circumstances of which I had no control take priority over my thoughts. I let doubt and apathy creep in and lost confidence in who I am. I believe I am past that and I feel like myself again.

So on to the lifting heavy things part of this. I currently using Wendler's 5/3/1 system and the 4 day a week template. I have taken a more natural approach to assistance work. I do what I feel I need to and work on my sticking points. Some days I do more, some days I do less. I am starting back with the intermittent fasting protocol for my nutrition.

Training

Deadlifts 3 x 5 65%, 75%, 85% one rep max
Snatch Grip Deads 3 x 8 55%
Good Mornings 3 x 8 135lbs very strict and focusing on squeezing the glutes and hams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment