Monday, August 27, 2012

Rest and Rehab

 I took the morning off from training today. After yesterday's squat session, I was pretty sore but I noticed I have held my strength levels after taking a long break. I think the time off allowed some nagging injuries to heal.

I got massage yesterday after my training. It's part of the routine for me. all part of the recovery.

I still got up about 4:30 this morning. I did some house work. I honestly find myself more productive at that time than any other of the day. It makes sense though. For the last five years, I have been getting up at that time and heading to the gym. I guess my body is used to the sudden shock of early exercise.

For rest days, I still maintain the fasting protocol with a few changes. I will drop my carbs to about 15-30 grams for the day. Most of these will be the by product of my protein shakes and a fiber supplement (got to stay regular and it helps when you eat some of the meals I eat. That and Digestive Enzymes.) For lunch I will have a big salad with two chicken breast. Dinner will probably be the classic Steak and Eggs. I'll throw in a shake or two in between. I'll also do some foam rolling and use a lax ball on some soft tissue to relieve some pain. Tomorrow will be an upper body, Military Press day.

No comments:

Post a Comment