Sunday, September 30, 2012

Inspiration and some squats

Got a late start today but it was a great start. I stayed out a little late last night and then stayed up even later watching Mr. Olympia coverage online. While bodybuilding is not my thing, I respect the sacrifices those guys make to achieve their goals. I was happy to see Flex Lewis achieve his dream and win the 212 lbs class. Phil Heath won Mr. Olympia and deserved it. I had really hoped to see Kai Greene win. Kai is an incredibly inspirational person. If you have a chance Google some of his videos and read his story.

Inspiration can come from a lot of places. Mine today came from a friend on Twitter. I broke a rule and actually read social media before I went to the gym. A friend remarked she was on her second work out of the morning in a conversation. I replied to her and then got off the couch. If she can do two workouts, I can do mine  with furious vengeance.

I did a lot of mobility work and stretching before my session. I warmed up well and then went like hell. I will say my second set was complete shit though. Got out of the groove and nearly lost it.

Squats 5/3/1 75%, 85%, 95%(x5)
Stiff legged deadlifts 4x8.
Ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment