Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Press Training

Back to the grind today. Military Press and accessory lifts.

Press 5/3/1 3x3 70%, 80%, 90%x4
Bench Press - 3x10
Pulldowns 3x12,10,8
Lawnmower pulls 3x10 each side
Bench Dips 3x12,10,10

I've had some things on my mind lately. I've had a couple chances to catch a glimpse of how I am perceived by others and it does bother me, somewhat. Now I am a very self confident person. Anyone who meets me can see that. I strive to remain very humble and gracious. I am very thankful for everything life has blessed me with both good and bad. I try to view hardships as opportunities to prove I am strong enough, mentally and physically to endure but I am a little taken aback by the comments of a few people.

I was discussing the concept of karma with my masseuse last week. I told her I really didn't believe in it because I try to live a very good life but sometimes it seems I always end up on the short end of the stick. She responded by telling me that I was a very critical person and maybe that was why I never received karma's blessings. Now I admit, I do look at life with a very critical eye. I don't care what anyone does with their life, as long as they do not hurt others, but I have to shake my head at some of the dumb stuff I see. Maybe she is right, maybe I am blinded by looking at everything so critically.

Yesterday, a coworker told me I was "emotionally vacant." This is a coworker who I truly appreciate and enjoy conversing with. I've actually had some rather deep conversations with this coworker. I am a very guarded person and I have my reasons for that. (I'm not really comfortable going into the depths of that here.) I just don't think she is seeing the passion I have for the things and people I love. I try to make decisions and live my life more on logic than emotions is that a bad thing today? This will weigh on my mind for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment